Wednesday 6 July 2011

Tea Biscuits

The slow cooker chicken stew was a hit, though N was not impressed that I added spinach.  Funny, if I hid the spinach on the fork with other food, she had no problem with it at all.  As soon as she sees it, refuses to eat it. 

I made tea biscuits and, well, they didn't really look like the tea biscuits in the picture.  Could have been the fact I used spelt flour?  Or, maybe I over mixed? I used butter, rather than shortening, and the butter wasn't cold, so another possible factor.
N and G liked them, so I guess that was good.  I wasn't overly impressed.

Last night, my new recipe was Brown Rice Pilaf.  I was not a fan.  I love brown rice, and the thought of it was good (onions, chicken stock, roasted almonds (I did Pecans, too) and parsley).  It may have been the chicken stock...Western Family organic reduced salt.  I think if I had used home made stock, it would not have had as strong a flavour.  The recipe also called for flat leaf parsley, and I only had curly leaf.  The parsley flavour was a bit much.  I would have used cilantro, but thought G might not like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment